Like a walk through the country side living on a small farm is full of daily surprises, sometimes wonderful and amazing, and other times puzzling and sad. I hope you will walk with me as I live out my dream of living on this tiny farm. You will come to know the dogs, cats, Shetland sheep and chickens that make up this farm and what goes into keeping them happy and healthy. Come and join the journey with me.

Thursday, July 19, 2007

Fairlight Magena


Registered Shetland Sheep


Gena is a very lovely registered Shetland ewe. She is a yearling and will be ready to put with the ram in the fall. Gena is rather shy and won't willingly come up for petting, but she does love crackers and will take one from your hand. She has a gorgeous moorit fleece with nice crimp and handle. Her lamb's fleece was one of the first to sell at a Spring fiber event. Gena is sired by Minwawe Redford x Locksfield Tabitha and has excellent conformation and tail.


I have two of her full sisters from this year so am willing to let this little beauty go. She is sired by a moorit smirslet-sokket so should carry spots. I also have her grey half sister available for those interested in a package deal.
If you want to see more pictures and information on Gena, check out my website at http://www.fairlightfarm.com/?page_id=6
Located in SW Missouri, where we need the rain to keep the grass growing!

No comments: