Like a walk through the country side living on a small farm is full of daily surprises, sometimes wonderful and amazing, and other times puzzling and sad. I hope you will walk with me as I live out my dream of living on this tiny farm. You will come to know the dogs, cats, Shetland sheep and chickens that make up this farm and what goes into keeping them happy and healthy. Come and join the journey with me.

Monday, April 08, 2013

The Neighbors Are Back.....

Well, it's for sure now, Spring is  here.  You can't really go by the weather, what with it jumping back and forth from hot summer day to cold winter night temperatures.  The surest sign Spring has sprung is that the summer neighbors have moved back.   I have mixed feelings.

They moved back in Saturday morning, in their typical rowdy fashion.   I like having the place to myself, and would be happy to never have neighbors.  It takes some adjustment to get used to these guys again. 

For one thing they are a big family-- often having knock down drag out fights all over the place.  They can be just downright rude at times.  Their toiletry habits aren't very nice either--and that is all I'll say about that.  They aren't very noisy, but they don't work so they are always hanging around.  

I guess the worst thing about them is that they are nosy.  Very nosy.  And their place is just across the fence from my side yard.   They tease the dogs and it's a struggle to keep them from barking at them all the time.   When I sit on my deck, there they are---they'll come up and hang out just over the fence and there is no privacy.   Everything I do seems to fascinate them, and I've even caught them looking in my windows!   It can get old. 

Yes, I've talked to them about it---but it falls on deaf ears.   So much for the peaceful days of winter.  They've been coming back every summer for years and years now,  so you'd think I'd be used to them by now.  

They do hunt coyotes though, so I often feel better about the sheep during the summer.  However they do the same with the deer so it makes it tough for the deer to rearrange their grazing habits. 

But I do have to say....I'd rather have these gals for neighbors any day than most people!  Even if they are nosy. 

7 comments:

Michelle said...

You have carnivorous cows in MO? Yikes!

Tombstone Livestock said...

That's funny, at first I thought you were talking about a big family of loud 4 wheelin' rednecks, LOL.

Vicki Lane said...

Giggle! Great post, Tammy!

Tina T-P said...

OK I'm confused - I'm imagining COWS WITH GUNS - Watch the YOUtube here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FQMbXvn2RNI

Ha, ha ha - T.

Sue said...

Those are the kind of neighbors I like.

Kathy said...

I know exactly how you feel about neighbors, Tam! I feel the same way about the family who built a house on our north side.
I feel as though they have invaded my space and breathe my air - a sign that I just might be turning into that grumpy old senior citizen. ;)
Even the sheep aren't fond of them.

Kathy said...

Barbed wire along that side? ;)