Like a walk through the country side living on a small farm is full of daily surprises, sometimes wonderful and amazing, and other times puzzling and sad. I hope you will walk with me as I live out my dream of living on this tiny farm. You will come to know the dogs, cats, Shetland sheep and chickens that make up this farm and what goes into keeping them happy and healthy. Come and join the journey with me.

Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Almost Wordless Wednesday...

Volunteer Sunflower



Echo prepares for the day with a good toe scrubbing..

Old Rouen (11 this year) gets her special eats before heading out to pasture


Sheep heading out for a morning of hard work (eating). Can't you just see the heat and humidity in this picture?

Hostas & Ferns in the new shade garden

Quiet nook---herbs, tomatoes (and corn), & geraniums

Old Rooster--still rules the roost

5 comments:

Kati said...

Hey Tammy! I have a volunteer sunflower this year as well - it popped up right in the middle of my buddleia bush. I have been encouraging my guys to stay in the barns in front of the fans in this heat by filling the hay rack. Is that cheating?
Kati

Kelly said...

Thanks for the peaceful picture tour. And the sunflower shot should be framed, it's beautiful.

Unknown said...

My volunteer sunflowers have shamed the ones I planted! A good shade garden is an excellent idea right now;)

~Kim at Golden Pines~ said...

Hi Tammy!! I just love sunflowers and had a few volunteers coming up buy my husband mowed them down....grrrr.....

At the end of our day we just had the dogs outside and it was still over 80...I'm putting my feet on the AC vent and trying to remember when I couldn't warm them up...

Vicki Lane said...

Lovely pics! And such an inviting quiet nook. Something about Adirondack chairs . . .