Like a walk through the country side living on a small farm is full of daily surprises, sometimes wonderful and amazing, and other times puzzling and sad. I hope you will walk with me as I live out my dream of living on this tiny farm. You will come to know the dogs, cats, Shetland sheep and chickens that make up this farm and what goes into keeping them happy and healthy. Come and join the journey with me.

Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Tortie Tuesday & Puppy Training....

Well, it has fallen to me, Tempe, to get these puppies off on the right paw. They may be young, but the sooner you start teaching them that Cats rule, the better.

So.....here goes....

Hello there, cute little smelly puppy. I'm a Cat. We rule, but we like dogs, so you are okay.

Hey Verity (seen in back) watch how I learn these cute smelly puppies about Cats..... First you make yourself small and non threatening....then...

...Verity? Hey, where'd you go??

Anyway..then you twist around and act really sweet, maybe tap them on the head a little (but we don't use our claws!).....

Whoa! Dude, that smelly little puppy can move fast! Okay...lesson over for today, I'm outta here...

Ahem..well you don't want to rush these things.....

5 comments:

Stella Jones said...

The cats are curious, aren't they. They go so far..... and then retreat. The puppy looks like it will try to suckle if it gets near enough, but NO, that's not what Puss intended. Must be great to watch them all the time, when you can.

tiptoethruphylsgarden.blogspot.com said...

That pup is REALLY cute.
Oh,it`s goin` be so hard when your mothering duties are over,I`m sure you are enjoying them while you can,phyllis

Anonymous said...

This is precious. Enjoy every moment with them. Do you know which one you will be keeping?

Marie

Helen said...

You have beautiful animals :) I love animals too.

Louise said...

The puppies are adorable. I'm sorry I haven't been around, been a bit down in the dumps and just couldn't get back in the groove of reading blogs for a while. Serves me right that I missed all of this cuteness!