Like a walk through the country side living on a small farm is full of daily surprises, sometimes wonderful and amazing, and other times puzzling and sad. I hope you will walk with me as I live out my dream of living on this tiny farm. You will come to know the dogs, cats, Shetland sheep and chickens that make up this farm and what goes into keeping them happy and healthy. Come and join the journey with me.

Tuesday, March 09, 2010

Meanwhile Down at the Warehouse....

....The Crazy Cat Lady feeds her hoards of feral cats.


And what's this? Can it be? A picture of the CCL herself, and one of her crazy cats too?

Actually that is my house, which has now become 'boxville' since lots of boxes seem to keep little kitties busier and out of my stuff. I had thrown some dry cat food (not the kind they get, poor dears) on the floor and they were busy hunting up pieces of it. This is the entire hoard, minus one --Noah was sacked out in front of the fire in the backroom.

And yeah, that really is a picture of the Crazy Cat Lady....

10 comments:

Stella Jones said...

So is that you Tammy? if so, nice to meet you and see your face at last. You are doing a grand job with all those animals and I'm sure they appreciate your attentions.
What shall you do with all the kittens that are bound to be coming along soon?
Blessings, Star

Vicki Lane said...

Love it!

Tammy said...

Hi Star, Yep, that is me, slighty blurry and out of kilter (but hey that seems to be my life anymore). KITTENS? What kittens?? No more kittens here for awhile, thanks very much. All present are spayed or nuetered, and if any more little strays show up, I plan to send them to some of my lovely blogger friends. :-)

Brenda said...

That's so funny that they like boxes! :)

AJ-OAKS said...

Look at all those beautiful kitties. :) A few empty boxes here too for the kittens to play in. Don't have to buy toys so long as there are boxes and paper that crinkles!

Joanna@BooneDocksWilcox said...

is that what the neighbors call ya? the crazy cat lady? next time we want a picture of you that's not so blurry!

Kathy said...

ROFLMAO!!!!! That could be my house. I have to re-rope the posts of our old cat-tree, but the cats don't seem to mind that its old and falling apart. It has saved our furniture.
And I meant to mention on the previous post that Noah, and all of the Thundering Hoard, are looking really good, Tammy. It is obvious that you care for them very well - and I'm sure they are doing the same for you. Has anyone snuggled up to Boone?

Angie said...

Oh Tammy I envy all your kitties! I love the fur-ball variety myself. They look like they have the life with boxes to jump in and play in. A full house is a happy house, right?

Angela

Roses and Lilacs said...

Two wonderful ways to entertain cats.

Four of my kitties are very, very old. Boxes don't interest them and canned food is the only thing they can smell.

My two latest rescue cats are younger and love boxes. First they play in the box then they shred it. Then they chase the shredded pieces under the furniture:)
Marnie

Tammy said...

Brenda--cheap entertainment...brown paper sacks work good too, but have a short life span..
AJ--exactly. Cheap and free.
Joanne--not yet.. I call myself that. There was a really dorky show on about 'cat ladies' on one of those shows like 20/20. If you had so many cats you were 'okay', then over so many your were a 'cat lady' and on up to 'crazy cat lady'. I think according to them I'm still just a borderline cat lady. ha
Kathy...it's good to know I'm not alone.. ha. ha. Noah is a chunk..weighing almost nine pounds--he is the biggest of the kittens.
Hey Angie...it's not all sunshine and roses, but they are fun. (most of the time)
Marnie, your cats look like they live in kitty heaven. So lucky they are. And you are right--good ways to entertain the kittens and cheap too.
Tammy