Like a walk through the country side living on a small farm is full of daily surprises, sometimes wonderful and amazing, and other times puzzling and sad. I hope you will walk with me as I live out my dream of living on this tiny farm. You will come to know the dogs, cats, Shetland sheep and chickens that make up this farm and what goes into keeping them happy and healthy. Come and join the journey with me.

Wednesday, September 02, 2009

A Tale of Six Kittens

There once were three good little kittens. They played happily with each other in their box. They were content to learn to swat, and roll and play all with the confines of their safe little home.

Then there were three naughty little kittens. Yes, naughty. The box was only meant to be scaled, and the world would be their oyster..er...catnip mouse.

The only time they could be truly good and stay in their box was when they were sleeping or had just woken up.

Sometimes one of the good little kittens would curl up like a little sow bug and lay in her peoples hand, happy to be loved.

One of the good little kittens even has angel wings, even though little piggy would be more apt a description, than little angel.

Inside their safe little box the good kittens roll and wrestle and make fierce baby kitty noises.
Outside the box, naughty little kitty scales formerly unknown heights. (ouch)

Inside the box, a civil pause while angel/piggy kitty cleans toes, before the battle begins anew.

Outside the box three naughty little kitties surround and conquer.


Oh, sissy, whats them naughty kittens doin' now?

I can't even watch no more!

Then naughty kitties are corralled and herded uselessly back into the box...


Whats? I'm bein' good! I promise I'm not no naughty kitty!

Finally good and even naughty little kittens get tuckered out and decide living inside the box isn't always bad.



Then a little nap, and eyes pop open, and little kitties start thinking about adventures outside the box. After all the world is a big and exciting place....

Contest coming soon! Guess which kittens are male/female--win a book--title(s) to be announced later.

8 comments:

Tonia said...

Cuties!! Love the pics and story to go along!

T. Powell Coltrin said...

Oh, sista, you've got your hands full of cuteness.

Shula said...

Oh they are all super cute. I laughed at them scaling heights, I remember my barn kitties, and house kitties all climbing up me at one time. Thank goodness they don't do it now! You're doing a super job raising them all.

Vicki Lane said...

Too darling!

Nancy K. said...

You are one heck of a "kitten marketer"!!!

I'll take one of each color...

(are the eyes on the black kittens really that blue or is it the camera?)

Unknown said...

Way to funny....good thing you live so far from me!!!

Penny said...

Very sweet. I'm always a sucker for the naughty kitties which explains why I now have 3 naughty boys outside and 3 naughty girls inside. LOL

Best wishes on your kitty adventure!

thecrazysheeplady said...

Too cute!!!