Like a walk through the country side living on a small farm is full of daily surprises, sometimes wonderful and amazing, and other times puzzling and sad. I hope you will walk with me as I live out my dream of living on this tiny farm. You will come to know the dogs, cats, Shetland sheep and chickens that make up this farm and what goes into keeping them happy and healthy. Come and join the journey with me.

Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Shetland Ram Lamb--Conway

Fairlight Conway
(Three Ring Just Jack x Fairlight Luna)




Sire: Three Ring Just Jack
(Sheltering Pines Jerome x Locksfield Brietta)

Dam: Fairlight Luna
(Minwawe Redford x Locksfield Willow)

Luna's Sire: Minwawe Redford

Conway is for-sale and will be ready to go in mid-June. He is a good looking solid boy, with a lovely look to him. At this time, he is showing great promise, he has nice straight, wide hocks, good tail, etc. Wool should be a lovely soft intermediate, with crimp and lustre. He will be moorit in color, and most likely carries fawn and of course, spotting genetics. He was born with a large white krunet which he still carries. Horns look fantastic and I think looking at his sire and grandsire they should clear with a nice wide sweep. Conway is on the shy side and is a momma's boy. He is very respectful of people.

If you are interested in Conway you can see more information on him at my Fairlight Farm website.

2 comments:

Tina T-P said...

Your Luna has a lovely fleece like our Luna does. I loved the pictures of your olampics racing - you must have a really fast camera - Mine wont take pictures fast enough in succession! Great job! T.

Tammy said...

Tina, I think our Lunas are the same age too. I think our little girls are keepers. ;-) As for my camera--it's 5 or 6 year old Sony Cyber shot. No frills, and it has that stupid time delay thing when you hit the button to snap the photo. But it's been a good camera. You wouldn't believe all the pictures I took that had nothing in the frame (as the lambs already ran by), and then I had to end up enlarging and cropping the ones that did come out. It was fun though! :-)
Tammy