Like a walk through the country side living on a small farm is full of daily surprises, sometimes wonderful and amazing, and other times puzzling and sad. I hope you will walk with me as I live out my dream of living on this tiny farm. You will come to know the dogs, cats, Shetland sheep and chickens that make up this farm and what goes into keeping them happy and healthy. Come and join the journey with me.

Thursday, December 25, 2008

Merry Christmas....

Rouen comes up for a good Christmas scratch

Tabitha relishes her Christmas hay and the warm sunshine

....from myself and all the critters here at Fairlight Farm The baking is over, presents have been wrapped (and already unwrapped), visits and deliveries made to dear friends, and Christmas hay and treats passed out to the critters. The sun is shinning and the animals are basking contentedly and quietly in it's warmth.Birdie forgets she is a wild sheep and rushes up for a possible Christmas treat

In the height of the hustle and bustle, I find myself losing focus of what Christmas is about. But then the peacefulness of the morning brings it back. The celebration of the birth of our Savior. That simple and that wonderful. I also find balance again, when I connect with my loved ones, family and friends. It's a time to make time to visit with friends and enjoy them. It's also a time to be so very grateful for the family that I have been blessed with.

Luna's "Cookies please?" face

Truly the world has become too fast paced for me and it's nice to have a chance to bring it back to what is important.

Here is hoping that your life and family and critters all have a blessed, peaceful and loving Christmas. I'm so thankful for family, old friends and all the new friends I have gained through this blog.

9 comments:

Sharrie said...

Thanks for the Christmas wishes. It was very peaceful here this morning,too, when all the creatures got their Christmas treats.

Deb said...

Your right Tammy - in this crazy, fast paced world we live in, it's so important to have something that keeps us grounded and helps us focus on what is truly important.
Merry christmas to you and your critters.

Michelle said...

Thank-YOU for being one of my very dear blog friends, with whom I feel such a kinship. We can be neighbors in heaven!

Unknown said...

Merry Christmas Tammy! I think one of my biggest New Year's Resolutions is to have a more homemade life, to reconnect with what means the most to me...my home & animals:) Wishing you a wonderful weekend!

Nancy K. said...

Well said, Tammy. But isn't it time for Boone's story (For I was Hungry???) I've been waiting and waiting ! I thought it was a Christmas tradition.....

;-)

Tina T-P said...

I agree with Nancy - "Well Said" and Merry Christmas & Happy New Year to you & yours - T.

Gone2theDawgs said...

I hope you had a great Christmas! I always try to take the time to stop and appreciate the important things in my life, friends, family (including animal family), and this time of year it does seem hard to do!

Jennifer said...

Great pictures, I love your sheep! They are so cute and pretty.

tiptoethruphylsgarden.blogspot.com said...

You`ve written it perfectly,Tammy.I too am so grateful for the birth of our saviour.How wonderful it is we can find friendships this way too,we are all not alone in this journey,thank-you for being a blogger friend!phylliso