Like a walk through the country side living on a small farm is full of daily surprises, sometimes wonderful and amazing, and other times puzzling and sad. I hope you will walk with me as I live out my dream of living on this tiny farm. You will come to know the dogs, cats, Shetland sheep and chickens that make up this farm and what goes into keeping them happy and healthy. Come and join the journey with me.

Saturday, February 16, 2008

Red Birds

This post is especially for Michelle because she doesn't have Cardinals where she lives. She does have flowers though.. in January.. not that that bothers me or anything...

Click to biggify the photos if you want to see the pretty birdies up close and personal.What is this? Some kind of guys day out or something? Ladies all gone shopping?


Fast Food Drive-thru--beep, beep--move up already!
Hey! No cutting in line! HEY BUDDY!

Who needs T.V.? Seriously these birds are a hoot. They will line up on the fence, then drop to the feeder, gobble some seed, fly off and then get at the end of the line on the fence again. As each bird moves up to the feeder, the entire line uses their little birdie feet to move down the fence.

4 comments:

Kathy said...

I want to thank you, too, Tammy! We had Cardinals in Kansas and they are one thing I've so missed here. The only Cardinals we get are the big bruisers who wear shoulder pads and can't throw a football for ----! (They come here to use the high altitude and cooler temps in the summer training period)

Michelle said...

Thank-you, Tammy; if I could I'd trade you some January flowers for some pretty redbirds. :-)

EvaLux said...

Hello, I found your blog about 2 weeks ago and I must say you make wonderful pictures :)

My Swedish friend calls these Ketchup Birds and so that's the name I give them too :) I live in Europe and we do not have these pretty birds either :) Nor flowers in January :)

Cheers Eva

Tammy said...

Kathy, we have the St. Louis Cardinals, but the only thing I know about that is what I'm forced to listen to with my co-workers. ;-) We do have an adundance of the birdy cardinals though, and they are so beautiful against the darb colors of winter.
Michelle,I really am not envious, really! ;-) I do so enjoy your flower pictures in winter. I guess we could do a mail swap, but somehow I don't think the birds or flowers would do well.
Eva, Hi and welcome to the blog! It's exciting to have someone from Europe check in! Thanks for your comments. I guess it's always easy to take for granted what we have an abundance of. It's hard to imagine not having redbirds around. Take care!