Like a walk through the country side living on a small farm is full of daily surprises, sometimes wonderful and amazing, and other times puzzling and sad. I hope you will walk with me as I live out my dream of living on this tiny farm. You will come to know the dogs, cats, Shetland sheep and chickens that make up this farm and what goes into keeping them happy and healthy. Come and join the journey with me.

Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Sleepy Sheep






It's 10:30 p.m. and time to make one last check on the livestock. Count the sheep, check the rams, put Boone in his pen for the night. It's one of my favorite times. The sheep are sleepy, calm and peaceful. They usually bed down in family groups, with half grown lambs tucked up close to their momma's. Even last years lambs will lay down near their mom more often than not.

Its dark out and millions of stars shine in the night sky. Strange sounding night birds call to each other. Sometimes I linger, listening, letting the peace and the quiet of the moment wash over me.

Stay safe tonight woolly ones.

No comments: