Like a walk through the country side living on a small farm is full of daily surprises, sometimes wonderful and amazing, and other times puzzling and sad. I hope you will walk with me as I live out my dream of living on this tiny farm. You will come to know the dogs, cats, Shetland sheep and chickens that make up this farm and what goes into keeping them happy and healthy. Come and join the journey with me.

Friday, June 08, 2007

And while on the subject....






....since I was talking about fleeces and such, I wanted to share these pix I took over the weekend. These are two Shetland fleeces that I have since boxed up and will ship out to be processed. I am sending them to http://www.stonehedgefibermill.com/ whom I've been very pleased with in past fiber processing. I'm hoping these fleeces will turn out a nice dark oatmealy roving.


I had thought they were closer in color than they actually are. They are both musket lamb fleeces. The one on the right is from Drake's fleece from last year, which I saved hoping to combine it with another fleece this year. The one on the left is Luna's lamb fleece from this year. They are both very, very soft, and I hope that is retained during the processing.
Have a great weekend!

No comments: