Like a walk through the country side living on a small farm is full of daily surprises, sometimes wonderful and amazing, and other times puzzling and sad. I hope you will walk with me as I live out my dream of living on this tiny farm. You will come to know the dogs, cats, Shetland sheep and chickens that make up this farm and what goes into keeping them happy and healthy. Come and join the journey with me.

Thursday, May 31, 2007

Hanging out with the Cats






As vacation progressed a routine was soon developed. Up fairly early, do all the feeding chores, let sheep out etc. Then breakfast and a leisurely cup of coffee, and after that on to the major projects of the day. Around 2:00 p.m. when it was the hottest outside, I would knock of for awhile, go in and have a late lunch and a 'rest'. Usually this laying on the couch, reading or perhaps there was a nap or two...... Meshach quickly adapted to this part of the routine and would almost beat me to the couch. There he would plump himself down on some part of my person and snuggle up in a new throw I got last week. Very content for this 'rest' to last all afternoon if need be!

Later in the day I would head outside again to work til evening chore time. It was a pleasant routine and one I enjoyed and definitely could get used to. Meshach loves to 'hang out' and will keep close tabs on me when I'm home. Sage wouldn't have a thing to do with me the first few days, except send me puzzled and irritated looks--what was I doing home, messing up his schedule??? By the end of the week, he had decided it was okay, and would occasionally check in during 'rest' time for a good petting session.

When I got ready to leave for work on Monday, Meshach was heartbroken. He tried to intercept me at the door, pushing his little body between me and it. When that didn't work, a few sad meow's.... as I was closing the door I heard him pathetically mewing and scratching at the door. He is such a sweet little cat, and my little shadow.

I'm sure Sage was secretly glad to get back to his routine! ;-)

I've posted some pictures of the boys. Meshach was having a good old time playing when I wrapped him up in one of my shirts. He loves to be covered up and enjoys a good play session on occasion.

And then there is Sage..... Doesn't this look just say it all? In the second photo he is a) thinking about taking a quick nip b) thinking about swatting me or c) thinking about running and acting silly... he took option c, but it was a toss up there for a minute or two! Picture 3 of Sage demonstrates how huge this cat is getting---remember he is not even a year old yet! He is laying in a very large, ample Lazy Boy recliner, and as you can see, almost takes up the whole space cross ways! In the last picture he is sleepy and looks rather sweet--he sleeps in the bathroom sink a good deal of the time... but its getting to be a tight fit. Lest you think that he is demon in disguise, he does have very sweet moments and sometimes tries really, really hard to be good. Hmmm.... I think we should have an office cat.



1 comment:

Michelle said...

I love the photo of Sage in the sink! But attitude-wise, I'll take Meshach....