Like a walk through the country side living on a small farm is full of daily surprises, sometimes wonderful and amazing, and other times puzzling and sad. I hope you will walk with me as I live out my dream of living on this tiny farm. You will come to know the dogs, cats, Shetland sheep and chickens that make up this farm and what goes into keeping them happy and healthy. Come and join the journey with me.

Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Fairlight Drake


I thought you might like to see a new picture of Drake. He is a nice little fellow, and I love his color right now. He reminds me of a (potbellied) deer! His horns are beautiful and clear his head nicely---they look a little close in the photo, but they aren't--its his puffy cheek wool that gives the illusion.


This boy is the only intact ram I've raised here. He was born with lovely blettet markings, and is an overall really lovely boy. I was captivated with him as a lamb, so he managed to escape the wethering process.
Drake is for-sale and has had several people interested in him, but he is related to allot of the other shetland's that populate the area, so we are having a hard time finding him some ladies that aren't his cousins...so to speak! I would love to use him myself, but he is related to every ewe I have.
Hope you enjoy the pretty boy on the green pasture!

No comments: