Like a walk through the country side living on a small farm is full of daily surprises, sometimes wonderful and amazing, and other times puzzling and sad. I hope you will walk with me as I live out my dream of living on this tiny farm. You will come to know the dogs, cats, Shetland sheep and chickens that make up this farm and what goes into keeping them happy and healthy. Come and join the journey with me.

Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Still Powerless


Day 12....
Here are a few more pictures--taken after the first storm moved through and before the second and worst one came the next day. Sometime I hope to share some of my impressions, thoughts and experiences of this unique (and exhausting) time. I kept a daily notebook to jot things down as they impressed me.

In the meantime things are going okay. Very tired, often incoherent, but hanging in there. :-) I have a very sick sheep (one of my old Dorset girls) and I'm not sure she is going to make it. This is always hard.

Everyone else is doing okay--the sheepie girls were happy to go and sample all the newly fallen limbs in the upper pasture, once the fences were checked to make sure it was still secure. I think the cats and dogs wonder why I keep things so dark anymore, but as long as they can curl up by the fire they don't seem to think its a problem. Not having water dripping out of the sink has been a big adjustment for the two house cats. They just cannot understand why I'm being such a meanie and not turning the water on! ;-)

I can finally see lights on the far ridge to the south, so I have hope we will soon be on too!

No comments: