Like a walk through the country side living on a small farm is full of daily surprises, sometimes wonderful and amazing, and other times puzzling and sad. I hope you will walk with me as I live out my dream of living on this tiny farm. You will come to know the dogs, cats, Shetland sheep and chickens that make up this farm and what goes into keeping them happy and healthy. Come and join the journey with me.

Friday, September 15, 2006

Oh Boy, Oh Boy.....It's the Weekend!!


.............that means more time for ME! is what Boone seems to be saying! Boone is a great big French Mastiff who lives every moment with gusto, slobbers and big sighs. He loves the weekends because then I get to spend more time out and about with him 'helping' me (and I use that term quite loosely--think 'hinder' instead!). I've threatened to get a harness for him to literally harness some of his energy to help me pull around loaded tarps of mulch and old barn straw. This would be much more helpful than jumping ON the tarp as I'm pulling it.
I can't believe how the daylight hours are fading away. Its dark later in morning and earlier in the evening. That makes it difficult to get moving in the morning, and difficult to get everything done in the evening before dark! Its just another period of adjustment. The weather has been wonderful with cool nights and warm days. The cooler nights make me think about getting the wood stove cleaned out and ready, wood ordered and cleaning up the woodstack from last year. Oh, and Boone hopes your weekend is as wonderful as he plans his to be!

No comments: