Like a walk through the country side living on a small farm is full of daily surprises, sometimes wonderful and amazing, and other times puzzling and sad. I hope you will walk with me as I live out my dream of living on this tiny farm. You will come to know the dogs, cats, Shetland sheep and chickens that make up this farm and what goes into keeping them happy and healthy. Come and join the journey with me.

Wednesday, January 28, 2015

Collie Pinwheel

 ...And other randomness.....

The Collie girls and I were tired after a busy day off (for me) so we took a break on the deck, and the girls crashed.  Days off (mine) are such hard work for them!   They can't nap seventy times a day when I'm there, as I have to be snoopervised constantly.   Starting at the lower left and clockwise we have Minty, Carly and mommy Ashley.   They often lay close like this when sleeping however occasionally it all goes bad when Ashley comes up out of dead sleep with fangs bared and ominous growls.  But they still risk it.   



Ashley says, who me??

And we can't forget our little short Collie, Tang, who was hanging out in one of the deck chairs with us, also resting. 

 This weekend I was finally able to get an old-bedset-drawer-turned-bench-soon-to-be-turned-cat-sunroom moved into the catio and remodeled.   My sister gave it to me back in the summer after she converted it to a bench and then became tired of it in her breezeway.  It sat out front on the sidewalk all fall and finally I got a sunny day and the time to set it up.   I mounted it on an old (for real) bench in the catio, slid a clear roofing panel behind it and one over the top, screwed those down and added some chair cushions I found at a garage sale last summer and ta-da---instant kitty suite.  Then the kitties got to come out and inspect it.  They approved.    I plan to get a flexible fabric cat cube to put in the middle section so that there will be more privacy in each 'room'.  That way the ambushers won't have such an easy job of it.  Total cost to me was zero, since I had the panels, screws, cushions and of course bench on hand.  Now the kitties will have an outside hangout when it's raining (or snowing) and they still want to hang out in the catio.  The roof on the 'sunroom' extends out about a foot and half on one end so they can sit on concrete blocks under that as well and still stay dry.  


 Lastly one of our many gorgeous sunsets this winter.  


5 comments:

Sue said...

I love your cat condo. It looks like fun. It's pretty smart of the girls to sleep like that. Then they each know if one of the others moves, for instance if a treat has appeared.

We can't see sunsets from our house but we've sure had some magnificent sunrises this winer.

T. Powell Coltrin said...

If I could get in there, I'd take the middle bunk.

Tang is such a good Collie.

Tina T-P said...

That is a beautiful sunset - we had one almost as colorful last week - it was one of the most spectacular one's I've ever seen, and of course, there was not a camera anywhere close... Hope all is well. T.

Vicki Lane said...

What a great idea! And they obviously love it.

We have a cat room (re-purposed bathroom with litter box, feeding station (up high where dogs can't reach it, and cat related stuff -- my girls say they need a catio too. And I'm pretty sure they'd want a condo as well.

Anonymous said...

InFebruary 2017, my immune system was not functioning correctly and my primarycare physician did a N.A.E.T. Treatment with Laser Acupuncture andAuricular Acupuncture to try to desensitize my body from the differentallergies and allergies to the metals. This procedure began to make me drained and very fatigued.  He recommended that I have a GI Stool testdone as I was having GI issues in February 2017, to check for parasites,pathogens, bacterial flora, and fungi/yeasts. The results showed that I had a Bacterial Pathogen called Salmonella,high amounts of normal bacterial flora, called Enterococcus spp. andEscherichia spp., 2 parasites called Dientamoeba fragilis and Endolimax nana, and2 types of fungi/yeasts called Candida spp. and Geotrichum spp.   The doctor recommended that I take Dr Itua Herbal Medicine to get rid of the Candida as that was the main concern at thetime and I did purchase Dr Itua Herbal Medicine and after taking it all as instructed I was totally cured so is a urged form of heart to believe in herbal medicines but yes indeed natural remedies should be recognize around the globe because is the only healing that has no side effect on each every healing, I will recommend anyone here with health challenge to contact Dr Itua Herbal Center on E-Mail  drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com he capable of all kind of disease like Cancer,Hiv,Herpes,Parkinson,ALS,Copd. with a complete cure without coming back.