Like a walk through the country side living on a small farm is full of daily surprises, sometimes wonderful and amazing, and other times puzzling and sad. I hope you will walk with me as I live out my dream of living on this tiny farm. You will come to know the dogs, cats, Shetland sheep and chickens that make up this farm and what goes into keeping them happy and healthy. Come and join the journey with me.

Thursday, June 17, 2010

Whose Fault Is It......Really?

....that I have the potential to become (because I'm sure I'm not quite there yet...) the crazy cat lady? You be the judge.



Me and Hectorheshe (my Grandparent's cat)--way too many years ago.
And I had to throw in the next one too, because obviously I was torn between being a cat lady and a cowboy. Or maybe I just wanted to herd cats? This dress was my Cowboy Dress. And evidently I didn't want to give it up, because it appears I might have been growing out of it. I loved it only slightly less than my purple dress in the above picture.

9 comments:

Stella Jones said...

You are a very sweet little girl Tammy and it is obvious that you loved animals even when you were a baby. Ahhhh

Vicki Lane said...

Obviously, you were meant to herd cats.

AJ-OAKS said...

Okay, the pic of you in the Cowboy dress is downright adorable.
Hmmm, crazy cat lady.......I would have to say a crazy animal lady!!! The best kind to be. :)

T. Powell Coltrin said...

Ok, I don't remember ever seeing the top photo. But the second photo, I think we need not make fun of my 70's mini skirts a.n.y.m.o.r.e.

The photos are darn cute.

T

Vi2139 said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
tiptoethruphylsgarden.blogspot.com said...

I`d say you are an animal lady lover,not just a lover of cats from way back when.You are adorable.phylliso

Roses and Lilacs said...

At that age, I think I wanted to be a horsey:) Probably drove my Mom nuts.

We used to have a pretty wild and crazy little cat when I was real young. She would chase us if we had bare feet. It was more a case of cat herding kid.
Marnie

Nancy K. said...

WAY too cute!

Although, I have to say: the second photo ~ you in the cowboy dress ~ is lined up right across from that GREAT headshot of Boone... it was hard to keep my attention on they correct picture...

:-)

Tammy said...

Thank you Star--and I do think I was born loving animals. Having parents that were animal lovers as well, there were always plenty around. Vicki--say it ain't so! AJ & Phylliso--yes, you guys are right it isn't confined to cats... JW--yes, but I was just a little bitty kid!! Marnie, I think we might be twins seperated at birth. ha.. I was all about horses as a kid too, and crawled around so much pretending to be one, that I had calluses on my knees! AND we had a crazy cat too--Frisky--who would attack me from hidden places, or if I was laying in the floor playing some serious farming with all my plastic animals, barns and fences, she would a) grab my head and bite and kick it, or b) wipe out an entire farmstead in one big swoop. All while my Mom had her back turnrd. When Mom was looking she was all sweetness and light.:-)
Nancy--yes it would be hard to compete with that big mug. ;-)
Tammy