Like a walk through the country side living on a small farm is full of daily surprises, sometimes wonderful and amazing, and other times puzzling and sad. I hope you will walk with me as I live out my dream of living on this tiny farm. You will come to know the dogs, cats, Shetland sheep and chickens that make up this farm and what goes into keeping them happy and healthy. Come and join the journey with me.

Wednesday, February 03, 2010

Sheep Shots

Tabitha sampling lipstick colors...

Just a few pictures of the sheep enjoying the snow. I love my little 'easy-care' Shetlands, and I love my big piggy white sheep too--especially when they are having some fun.

Here the sheep work on the new big bale that was just put in. Isn't that a huge bale of hay? The quality leaves a bit to be desired, but hopefully they can pick through it and find some good stuff. That's Rosetta looking at the camera.


I really like this shot. From L-R-- Persia (Possibly fawn), Lark (dark moorit) & Tabitha (Moorit). No worries from the weather on this bunch!

L-R--Dorsets--Annalea and Gracie, Shetlands--Blackberry, Rosetta and Duckie in behind.

I had to include this one, so you could see how skinny the Dorset/Merinos are. That's Nancy on the right, and unfortunately yes, her belly is nearly dragging on the ground. My, my. And no, she isn't pregnant either. (And in my defense...the big girls only get about a teaspoon of grain a day! Really!)

Sheep in Snow..

9 comments:

Vicki Lane said...

By golly, the cold shouldn't bother this crew!

Angie said...

Tammy,

They are so cute! What sweet faces! You have a good group going there. Pray the weather warms up for them and makes life easier on your farm.

Angela

Shula said...

That is a huge bale of hay. I like the shot of the 3 together. What a great mixture of colors you have, it's what I love about the breed. They look happy in the snow.

AJ-OAKS said...

Your sheeps' faces are adorable. Love that chocolate color. You have nice big healthy girls. Do you shear them?

tiptoethruphylsgarden.blogspot.com said...

Well hello,Tabitha!I`m working the last of the fleeces,yours,& it is so nice & makes my hands feel so soft carding & spinning it!You are too cute!phylliso

Kathy said...

Your sheep are very well, ahem...loved, aren't they, Tammy????? Of coarse, mine are very slim...er, well, ah, I guess mine aren't that svelt either. LOL!

Christine said...

So frosted lipstick is in again? Dang, I was just getting used to matte...

I love how fluffy your girls look. So sweet.

Stella Jones said...

Good job they've got their thick fleeces to keep them warm! Pretty sheep and lovely colours. I could do with one of their fleeces on my bed this month!
Blessings, Star

Tammy said...

You guys are right---the sheep handle the cold just fine (if they are healthy and not old folks) so I rarely worry about them in this winter weather. AJ---I don't shear them but hire someone to come in and do it in March--he makes it look pretty easy! Phyllis--so glad that Tab's fleece is spinning up nice for you. :-) Christine..well you know what trend setters those sheep try to be. ;-)
Tammy