Like a walk through the country side living on a small farm is full of daily surprises, sometimes wonderful and amazing, and other times puzzling and sad. I hope you will walk with me as I live out my dream of living on this tiny farm. You will come to know the dogs, cats, Shetland sheep and chickens that make up this farm and what goes into keeping them happy and healthy. Come and join the journey with me.

Sunday, September 13, 2009

Contest Winner!


First off, thanks so much to everyone that participated! There were three people who guessed the gender of the kittens exactly. In fact the first person to comment with the answers was the winner....drum roll please....


...congratulations to Vicki for correctly guessing the kittens gender and for being the first 'out of the gate' as it were. I have to ask if it was a lucky guess, or if you picked up hints, or if you could just tell by looking at their sweet faces?

Vicki if you will let me know which kitten you want as your prize, I will get it shipped to you in a few weeks. Okay, okay....which book you want....

The second person to correctly guess, was Tammy at Wrensong. Once Vicki decides which book she wants, I'll let Tammy know what is left and see if she wants a runner up prize.

Thanks again for participating! I enjoyed all your answers. Sage was insulted about some of the weight guesses though. Michelle and Allena came closest to his actual weight of 14 lbs. Phylliso & Tammy are his furever friends with their guesses of 12 lbs.

Coming soon...a day of Celtic Clannish-ness...

3 comments:

Vicki Lane said...

Yay!!! I won something! But I do apologize to Sage for over-estimating his weight -- I was going by my Eddie's weight(as remembered it from a vet visit and heaven knows I might not be remembering right. If not, then I apologize to Eddie as well.)

I thought that calicos were generally female, also I once knew a female tortie. I know that solid black can go either way so that was a guess.

I'd love the chicken book! Thanks, Tammy! What fun!

Vicki Lane said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
tiptoethruphylsgarden.blogspot.com said...

Thanks for having the contest,it broke up the doldrums towards the end of this summer.I was glad I was at least right about beautiful Sage!phylliso