Like a walk through the country side living on a small farm is full of daily surprises, sometimes wonderful and amazing, and other times puzzling and sad. I hope you will walk with me as I live out my dream of living on this tiny farm. You will come to know the dogs, cats, Shetland sheep and chickens that make up this farm and what goes into keeping them happy and healthy. Come and join the journey with me.

Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Exciting Day in the Life of a Sheep

The hay 'ring' has been removed. It's free buffet for everyone--crowd, push, shove, and above all else, eat as fast as you can.

Some think it tastes much better if you stand on your food while eating it. Gracie has the grace to glance back at me and say thank you, even if her mouth is full. (More likely she is watching me to make sure some other edible doesn't slip by).
Chickie says...."What"??

4 comments:

Eggs In My Pocket said...

Just love your blog and the pictures of your sheep! blessings,Kathleen

Tonia said...

Lol Those are to funny! I just took the panels from around the hay bales and it was a free for all!! I could barely get the panels out of the way!!!

TxFarmhouse said...

Keep on with those pictures. I'll bet each one of them with their different personalities keep you in stitches with laughter. What fun.
RiverBend Farm

Tammy said...

Thanks gals! I love taking pictures and the blog gives me a place to use them. It really makes you notice things more accutely. I know what you mean Tonia--the day the ring comes off the bale, it's a sheep celebration! They love to eat, play and sometimes I think ROLL in it!
Tammy