Like a walk through the country side living on a small farm is full of daily surprises, sometimes wonderful and amazing, and other times puzzling and sad. I hope you will walk with me as I live out my dream of living on this tiny farm. You will come to know the dogs, cats, Shetland sheep and chickens that make up this farm and what goes into keeping them happy and healthy. Come and join the journey with me.

Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Wednesday Lambs

Rain's Ewe Lamb

Rain's Ram Lamb

Rain was showing early signs of lambing when I got home from work on Wednesday. She had secluded herself in 'her' stall (I swear some of these girls are like Salmon---always going to the same spot to deliver), and was digging in the straw and looking at her sides. Finally around 6:30 p.m. she started making some progress. The first lamb had one foot back and I ended up helping her a little. She did not want my help, but it sped things up a bit for her. Rain is not a quiet lamber and makes allot of loud screamy type noises. She has always done this and it is quite unsettling! She popped out the second lamb while I was finishing up chores.

Locksfield Griffin & Locksfield Rain are the proud parents of twins--an ewe and a ram---Ag greys. They both have some splish-splashes of white on them, but not nearly as splashy as Rain usually throws. They are little humdingers though and are cutes as bugs ears. I had a hard time getting any decent photos of them--especially the girl as she will not hold still. Also these are not newborn pictures--they were about three or four days old.

1 comment:

Michelle said...

Interesting fleeces on those two; they look plush instead of "wooly"!