Like a walk through the country side living on a small farm is full of daily surprises, sometimes wonderful and amazing, and other times puzzling and sad. I hope you will walk with me as I live out my dream of living on this tiny farm. You will come to know the dogs, cats, Shetland sheep and chickens that make up this farm and what goes into keeping them happy and healthy. Come and join the journey with me.

Thursday, February 28, 2008

Survivor Squirrel

Here is one of the frequent visitors to the bird feeder. 'He' is one of the bravest and waits until the last minute to dash away. If you look close you will see he has scars--one on his side and another near the neck area. I can only speculate, but I think he narrowly missed being a hawks dinner. There are two or three Redtail hawks that patrol the field next to the house which the squirrels frequently dash across.

1 comment:

Crosswinds Farm said...

We had one like that hanging around all last summer. Along with the scars all he had left was a tiny little hampster tail....I haven't seen him all winter. I don't think they get along very well without a tail.