Like a walk through the country side living on a small farm is full of daily surprises, sometimes wonderful and amazing, and other times puzzling and sad. I hope you will walk with me as I live out my dream of living on this tiny farm. You will come to know the dogs, cats, Shetland sheep and chickens that make up this farm and what goes into keeping them happy and healthy. Come and join the journey with me.

Saturday, September 01, 2007

I Don't Have a Book Problem....


Really I don't think I do. What is another 10-15 books? I can quit anytime I want.

So but anyway, there is this used bookstore that is owned in conjunction with the county library. It's actually a little old house that they've put shelves in. Here they sell any donated books or library culls to the general public. We are talking dirt cheap here. Fifty cents for a hard back. FIFTY CENTS! Paperbacks are practically free. I mean I paid five bucks and I got all these really neat books. They didn't even all hardly fit in a sack! There might have been more too, except I ran out of time. Because that is the catch--this marvelous place is open only on Saturday and only for two hours. You would think there would be lines and lines of people and you would have to fight your way inside. But no, it rarely has more than one or two people in there at a time. What is wrong with folks? I mean they flock to the local Mart store like pigs to the trough, but then when it comes to a real gem of a place like a practically free bookstore.... I just don't get it. However, all I can say is its their loss. Yep, more for me!

Did I also mention it has books on tape and videos? And lots of neat children's books, and mysteries and .......

Nope, I don't think I have a problem at all. I do need more bookshelves though. I'm thinking maybe like all the way around the top of the wall--one long continuous bookshelf. Put that wasted space to a good use. Anyone handy with a hammer?

I wasn't going to tell you, but I went to another thrift store or two today with my sister and niece, and well, I bought some more books... only like 7 or so... but since I had witnesses.....

3 comments:

Michelle said...

Oh, you ARE bad.... :-)

The Frugal Shrink said...

Yeah, that's like me saying I don't have a shoe problem.

And I'm pretty sure that I donated the Ribsy book that you bought!!! Is it missing a couple of end pages?

Tammy said...

Well, pooh! You are so right--that book is missing the last couple of pages. I can't believe I bought my own niece's rejected book from the community bookstore. Who would have thunk?

And I'm sure that my supposed book problem isn't nearly as severe as your shoe problem.. oh wait..those stacks of books look an awful lot like those stacks of shoe boxes lined up along the wall......
Auntie T.