Like a walk through the country side living on a small farm is full of daily surprises, sometimes wonderful and amazing, and other times puzzling and sad. I hope you will walk with me as I live out my dream of living on this tiny farm. You will come to know the dogs, cats, Shetland sheep and chickens that make up this farm and what goes into keeping them happy and healthy. Come and join the journey with me.

Tuesday, July 31, 2007

It's Here!!



Musket Shetland Sheep Roving

It's finally here! The musket lamb's fleece roving I sent off to be processed at Stonehedge Fiber Mill. It's gorgeous and very, very soft. I'm afraid the pictures are not going to do it justice. It is lighter than I expected, but has a definite brownish cast to it. Oatmeal would be a good description I reckon. Unfortunately the pictures make it look greyer than it actually is. Anyway, I love it and I have two whole pounds of the lovely stuff... now where can I hide it??

Ha--I'm finding myself suddenly very possessive of all this gorgeous roving.. and I don't even spin. I just sold all of the black Shetland roving, and while thrilled, I am somewhat unexpectedly bereft about it. Hmm... maybe I do have a problem.


3 comments:

Tina T-P said...

Hmm - maybe you need to learn how to spin - that lovely roving would surely inspire one -

I loved your story about friends - it was wonderful! T.

Michelle said...

You are clearly a fiber addict; do you want an intervention, or are you just going to throw in the towel and finally break down and learn to spin? (I vote for the latter. :-)

Allena said...

You could always store it here at my house. Then I could spin uh I mean store it for you.

I don't think you have a problem, I mean it isn't like you're getting into the hard stuff like quivet and cashmere. I mean really, it's just Shetland, and they say that isn't really addictive at all not like the hard stuff.

Also, I'm sure you could quit anytime if you wanted to, but you just don't right? And why would you, it isn't like your hurting anyone, and look all your friends do it too. You have to fit in right?

I always miss my fuzz when it's gone, and I don't have a problem. I only have like 85 pounds of the stinking stuff. But I am selling some btw. And I could quit anytime I wanted.

Well, uh no I couldn't, I wouldn't and I won't and I don't give a flying flop what people thing. Even though my Dad asked me what I needed so many knitting needles for. I asked him what he needed so many tractors for, I mean really it isn't like you can turn out a sock on that. Well maybe while sitting on it.

I don't have a sheep problem either for the record. It is perfectly fine to have 4 rams and 4 ewes, monogamy is not dead. ROFL.

Come on over to the dark side of the fiber, learn to spin. Actually Tammy spins rather well, but she pretends she doesn't.