Like a walk through the country side living on a small farm is full of daily surprises, sometimes wonderful and amazing, and other times puzzling and sad. I hope you will walk with me as I live out my dream of living on this tiny farm. You will come to know the dogs, cats, Shetland sheep and chickens that make up this farm and what goes into keeping them happy and healthy. Come and join the journey with me.

Thursday, June 14, 2007

Summer Sheep

Just a quick post this time, but I really like this picture and wanted to share it. I'm thinking of having it enlarged to frame. Not sure why I like it so much, but I just like the composition of the trees and the way the sheep are arranged. Of course it could be just because the girls have grass and are content for two minutes....:-0

Well, at the moment DSL is working, but I'm not sure if we are out of the woods yet. I sure can't say enough how impressed I am with the friendly 'solve your problem' attitude that all the Centruy Tel workers have exhibited to me thus far. Last night it wouldn't connect, so the tech I talked to this morning put in a work order. Later that afternoon I get a call from the "telephone man" that he was on his way to my house. I had earlier talked to Mom to see if she could unlock gates and let him in the yard. So when he got here she did, but THEN he had to come in the house! Argh... my feelthy house. I usually start de-cluttering and cleaning Thursday night and Friday, so it was at its worst. I also have stuff sitting around in piles that came out from under the computer desk where I store some stuff. I was appalled to say the least. But evidently the guy heard me when I squawked out about my house on the phone to my Mom (after she called me to tell me what was going on..). He laughed and said my house was fine, that he sees some really unbelievable places.

Soooo the poor guy and my poor Mom spent several hours with him checking every connection in the neighborhood (literally) and Mom babysitting the house (they can't be in somebody's house unless someone is there). The guy was still working on it when I got home, and continued on working after I got home for another hour or so. Everytime he would go outside, I would whip out the broom, dustpan or dustrag and clean another area! :-)

Finally he left, and it was working when he left, but he doesn't know why or if it will continue. He plans to probably come back and either put in all new phone lines to the house or replace the inside line...or maybe both. Very diligent people. I just wish it was easier for it all to fall into place, and I'm enjoying it while it works!

1 comment:

Michelle at Boulderneigh said...

Oh yes, how quickly we are spoiled! :-)