Like a walk through the country side living on a small farm is full of daily surprises, sometimes wonderful and amazing, and other times puzzling and sad. I hope you will walk with me as I live out my dream of living on this tiny farm. You will come to know the dogs, cats, Shetland sheep and chickens that make up this farm and what goes into keeping them happy and healthy. Come and join the journey with me.

Tuesday, July 03, 2007

Locksfield Griffen

I'm pretty excited about using this nice young ram for the fall breeding season. Allena from http://www.allena.thethreeringranch.com/ has graciously worked with me so that I could lease him early in the fall to put with my ewes. You can check out pictures and his description at the Three Ring Ranch link above. Since I have alot of black and grey in my flock I wasn't too keen on purchasing a black ram to use over several years. However leasing a black smirslet/sokket ram for one season is a great option. I love his small size and the whimsical look he has on his face. I think he will cross exceptionally well on the Minwawe

No comments: