Like a walk through the country side living on a small farm is full of daily surprises, sometimes wonderful and amazing, and other times puzzling and sad. I hope you will walk with me as I live out my dream of living on this tiny farm. You will come to know the dogs, cats, Shetland sheep and chickens that make up this farm and what goes into keeping them happy and healthy. Come and join the journey with me.

Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Berries, berries, berries everywhere!


Fall is so beautiful and so fleeting. I love the contrast of colors and textures, whether its sunny or rainy. The other evening on one of my walks, it seemed there were berries everywhere I looked. Some would say this is a foretelling of a hard winter---but I think I'll just enjoy their beauty and not think about the winter!

I'm not sure what these orange berries are--any ideas? I hadn't noticed any like them before.
















A little further on the walk I noticed the 'berries' on the cedar trees. Some were tiny rusty yellow and others were the large bright blue ones. I've heard that this denotes the male and female cedar trees, but I'm not sure on that either..... I've always thought the blue berries on the cedars were so beautiful! I think it would be neat to have a 'natural' Christmas tree---a dark green cedar loaded with these blue berries and maybe some red bead garland....



























Then there were these very unique and impatient berries---Ariey-berry on the right and Boone-berry on the left. Lets go already was the look in their eyes as I tried to take berry pictures!

1 comment:

Michelle said...

Hi Tammy, I put up a new post on my blog today and then "went visiting" to others' blogs. As I caught up on yours, it was interesting to see how similar we are in our musings about fall. I think we are kindred spirits.... :-)