Like a walk through the country side living on a small farm is full of daily surprises, sometimes wonderful and amazing, and other times puzzling and sad. I hope you will walk with me as I live out my dream of living on this tiny farm. You will come to know the dogs, cats, Shetland sheep and chickens that make up this farm and what goes into keeping them happy and healthy. Come and join the journey with me.

Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Paperback Swap


Almost a year ago I was introduced to a great Paperback Swap club. I still can't believe how easy it is! To join you have to list nine books (paperback or hardback) and you get a couple of 'credits'. With the credits you can 'purchase' books. Once you purchase a book a credit is then deducted from your total. To gain more credits you can either buy them or wait until another person selects one of your books. Once someone requests your book, you send it out and they recieve it you then get a credit added to your account. What does it cost? There are no fees to join this club at the present time, all the cost involved is your books plus 1.59 in media mail stamps to send out the books that people request from you. All books need to be in good shape and have an ISBN. You can also list audio books (which are two credits). This is such a great way to recycle those books you don't want to keep--plus add to your stash of must reads. The selection is enormous, and if a particular book isn't there when you want it, you can add it to your wish list and you will be automatically given a chance to select that book if it is every listed. Mailing books is easy too---the orignators of the site have forms you can print on your computer (two sheets per book) that already has both the sender and recievers addresses, the media mail stamp plus the postage amount. They also have a handy dandy diagram that shows how to tape these two sheets of paper around the book and mail it--and it works! I've sent/recieved bunches with no damage! If you like to read I really recommend this club. Plus if you contact me that you want to join I can send a link where I'll get a free credit when you join! ;-)

Trust me---this is one great club--I'm as happy with it now as when I joined and have saved close to $200 by 'shopping' for books this way! And its just down right fun!

No comments: