Like a walk through the country side living on a small farm is full of daily surprises, sometimes wonderful and amazing, and other times puzzling and sad. I hope you will walk with me as I live out my dream of living on this tiny farm. You will come to know the dogs, cats, Shetland sheep and chickens that make up this farm and what goes into keeping them happy and healthy. Come and join the journey with me.

Friday, September 15, 2006

Finally

I've been dreaming of having a website for a long time, and this year things finally started falling into place. Someone wanted a few shetland ewes for a starter flock and I wanted a webpage, a deal was made, and after alot of hard work on their part, and some on mine, a website was born! Now comes the final additions of info and fine tuning, and of course my first blog. I'm very happy with the feel of the website as I wanted it to be peaceful and a 'virtual' tour of the farm as well. Thanks Allena and Beau! I hope you enjoy the girls as much as I do my website! Its always hard to start the first 'blog' post, especially when you are having trouble uploading photos...and then you (think) your camera is expiring (further investiagtions seem to point to the battery charger--much easier to deal with!) Late summer is a slower time on the farm, as the ewes start to wean the lambs, and most of the lambs go off to new homes. Its been a dry year, so I started feeding hay Friday. Two large round bales rolled out to two groups of sheep. The girls go out to pasture (what is left of it) during the day and munch on the round bale at night. Soon things will become busy again, as breeding season approaches in October. Worming, hoof trimming and sorting out the groups will begin. But for now, I will enjoy the quiet of the summer days. I hope you enjoy this site and visit often! If you haven't viewed the website here is the link: FairlightFarm.com

No comments: