Like a walk through the country side living on a small farm is full of daily surprises, sometimes wonderful and amazing, and other times puzzling and sad. I hope you will walk with me as I live out my dream of living on this tiny farm. You will come to know the dogs, cats, Shetland sheep and chickens that make up this farm and what goes into keeping them happy and healthy. Come and join the journey with me.

Tuesday, September 26, 2006

About this kitten thing......

...........Hi, my name is Meshach, and we need to talk........Did I ever agree to a KITTEN? Did I ever even get asked? No and No.... I wake up one morning, go about my own business, and as Mom is going out the door she says , 'oh by the way, if things check out at the vet's you will be getting a new SISTER today'. Well.....this didn't sound good at all, but then when she came home it got even worse. She had this, this, THING with her, only now she was calling it my new BROTHER. (I mean that was a bad sign right there-- that she thought 'he' was a 'she'---but who wouldn't--the kitten-thing is a kinda pinkish yellow and has a big white heart on its back for crying out loud!) Anyway, she had this big two story cage set up and stuck this little yellow and white thing in there and told me here he was, like I was suppose to turn cartwheels or something. I marched over there and hissed right in its face and growled real mean, just to let it know right off how things were going to be.

Well for a few days things weren't too bad---as the fur ball had to stay in the cage and he was pretty subdued. Then things went sour---Mom started letting him out of the cage for a little longer each day! She says that this Kitten-thing was really sweet before she brought him here---my only satisfaction in this is that she found out real quick that Kitten-thing is only sweet about 5 minutes a day when he is sleepy! Well, I was raised to be polite and so I've tried to let this fur-wad know when he has crossed the line, by hissing and growling at him and pretending like I'm going to swat him. It worked for a few days, but I'm getting a little sick of the disrespect here! I can't even swish my tail anymore without it thinkin' I'm playing some kind of game. (Then I get mad and this makes me swish my tail even harder!)

Now... if someone had asked me, then this is the kind of new-cat I would have voted for! Nice and quiet, doesn't pester anybody and its the right kind of color for a siamese (well kinda).... Mom tries and tells me this new Kitten-thing is a washed out siamese--but I wasn't born yesterday!

I try and not have anything to do with it, but it follows me everywhere. If I try and take a nap under the covers it uses me as a trampoline! Even what should be private potty times are now a public spectacle! It does amuse me, how much destruction it has caused in the house. When I see Mom putting cardboard barricades around the plants and the china shelf, I try not to say I told you so---but I'm certainly thinking I would have told her so if she'd asked first! When will these people ever learn who are the wise ones?

Mom says someday we will be good buddies....I say I think not! She also tells me that Kitten-thing will calm down a little bit as he grows up (I say he will be lucky to grow up, as much as he gets in trouble!). I think she is just trying to convince herself too, on the calming down thing. She thinks I'm gonna soften up and let him around me she is delusional.... And I can explain this picture---there is a curtain between us, I'm sure I didn't even know Kitten-thing was on the other side....or....its one of those doctored up pictures, yeah, thats it---this never even happened!!

No comments: